Search our site for a specific topic or area of interest:

Didn't find something you want to know more about? Contact us at redwinehelpsyousleepontrains@yahoo.com and we will make sure your question gets answered to ensure you have the best backpacking experience possible.

Thursday 14 July 2011

SUN BURN

It's not a bad idea to take some sunscreen if you plan on making it a point to sit by the beach. Common sense right? Well the after affects are much worse on a backpacking trip with lobster arms than on a spring break week.

I got too much sun over the Fourth of July weekend and days after took a hike and was forced to endure the severe shoulder pain with a tiny backpack on my back, let alone a heavy pack.

Keep you shoulders covered or reapply the sunscreen as often as possible to stay away from shoulder burns that will make carrying your pack a living hell.

Europe sells sunscreen so don't feel like you have to take it, but I always find it is one of those items that seems rather expensive. It can easily get overlooked when a bottle of it can be the same price as dinner.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Nice earing from you guys again! Looking forward for an update of yours videos.
    Santiago, Argentina...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your advice. Wherever I go, I always carry it with myself. I's the only way to protect my body from sun burn.

    B&B Brugge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sun is becoming warmer day by day. It is advised to protect your skin from sun burn. The best way to do it is by drinking a glass of Goji Berry Juice.

    ReplyDelete